Writing well-formatted and documented code is a must for top Node.js developers. It’s considered a sign of good manners for any programmer, but when it comes to large-scale projects, it’s a necessity.
Skills Required for a Junior Node.js Developer
- Node.js (including Express.js or another popular framework).
- HTML5 and CSS3.
Skills Required for a Middle Node.js Developer
- Understanding of the REST paradigm on an abstract level.
- 2+ years of working experience with Node.js.
- Knowledge of at least 1 programming language other than JS (C, PHP, Ruby, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of TypeScript/CoffeeScript and desire to learn more.
- Understand MySQL/PostgreSQL, Docker, AWS, and other common tools that are used for development and deployment.
Skills Required for a Senior Node.js Developer
- 5+ years of working experience with Node.js.
- Proficiency in TypeScript/CoffeeScript.
- Experience with Angular, React and other JS frameworks.
- Understanding of the SOLID principles and GOF patterns.
- Mastery of another programming language.
- Deep understanding of REST and experience with creating RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of OAuth and security requirements for an internet-facing service.